Hot glue guns are such a great addition to anyone’s toolkit. Whether you need to fill gaps, stick together porous surfaces or smooth ones, or attach a piece to a project you’re working on, a glue gun can probably get the job done fast. If you use a glue gun often, you’ve probably found yourself fighting the cord at least once in a while.
Our Top Picks
- Editor’s Choice: Surebonder CL-800F
- Ryobi P305 One+
- Best Cordless Mini Glue Gun: WORKPRO
- POPULO – 3.6V Cordless Glue Gun Rechargeable with Stand
- JASVIO – Fast Preheating Mini Glue Gun Kit
- Budget Pick: MackOffice Cordless Mini
- AONOKOY Portable Mini Melt Glue Gun Kit – with 20pcs Glue Sticks USB Rechargeable
- NEU MASTER Rapid Heating Mini Glue Gun Kit – with Premium Glue Stick USB Rechargeable
- WerkTough – 17s Super-Fast Instant Heating
- TopElek Mini
Switching to a cordless glue gun can solve that problem, but it’s important to find a model that has the right features to make it worth the extra money. We’ve reviewed seven models so that you can find the best glue gun for your next project!
1. Surebonder CL-800F – Editor’s Choice
This handy little green and black glue gun have a great list of features that makes it perfect for carrying around the house. It can use 4- or 10-inch glue sticks, it has an on/off switch, and it shuts itself off if it malfunctions. Those safety features are important since this little gun gets up to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
Despite how good this glue gun is, it does have one flaw. According to buyers, it tends to slowly leak glue when it is hot.
Would I recommend it?
I would recommend this glue gun. The greatest part of this hot glue gun is that it is available in three sizes, each with its heat range. If you are looking for a more heavy-duty and high-temperature glue gun, this might be a great choice. It is also very affordable and has safety features that are hard to beat.
- Has a safety fuse that automatically shuts off the glue gun during a malfunction
- Can be used cordless or corded, saving time on recharging
- 30-minute auto shut-off safety feature
- Available in 3 models: 20, 60, or 100-watt sizes
- 50% more power than the standard hot glue gun
- Features side fins for laying the glue gun on its side
- Dual temperature
- Has a detachable wire stand
- Ergonomic handle on the larger models to make big projects easier
- Each model comes at a different price point to fit different budgets
- Insulated nozzle
- Slowly leaks glue while not in use
2. Ryobi P305 One+
This 18v hot glue gun is designed to use Ryobi’s ONE+ compatible lithium-ion and NiCad batteries, which are also used for tools like cordless drills. Since the glue gun runs on such a heavy-duty battery, it has an excellent run time of nearly three hours. It also has a nice, cushy grip to help offset the extra weight from the battery.
The Ryobi P305 ONE+ does not have any performance issues per se, but the battery might be a problem if you do not already use a Ryobi power tool.
Would I recommend it?
If you already have a Ryobi ONE+ power tool around your home, you own the most expensive part of this high-performance cordless hot glue gun. Other buyers might find that despite this hot glue gun’s excellent battery life, the price tag with the rechargeable battery included is too high.
- Compatible with Ryobi ONE+ rechargeable battery
- Can run for up to 3 hours
- Has a comfortable rubber grip
- The indicator light comes on when the glue gun is on for safe handling
- Reviewers say it heats up fast
- Large size makes it ideal for larger projects
- Higher price point
- Only economical if you already own (or plan to buy) other Ryobi ONE+ power tools
- Much heavier than other cordless glue guns from this list
3. WORKPRO – Best Cordless Mini Glue Gun
- 100% High-Quality Adhesive on both sides of the applicator
- Professional Design with Ergonomic Handle
- LED Light to See Inside Jars
- 20mm Wide Applicator Head for Fast Drying Time & Less Waste on Projects
- Variable Temperature Control from 160°F to 350°F (71°C to 177°C)
WORKPRO gun is made with high-quality materials and features an innovative design that makes it easy to use. This glue gun is a tool that uses hot glue to bond materials together. It’s handheld and battery-operated, so it’s easy to use. You can use it for crafts, repairs, and more. So, if you’re looking for an easy way to glue surfaces together, be sure to check out a WORKPRO cordless glue gun.
- It is the most convenient and lightweight glue gun available
- Its cordless design means you can move around with it and use it in any space without worrying about tripping over an extension cord
- The ergonomic handle makes for easy handling when applying glue to fabric projects
- This powerful little tool heats up in just 3 minutes, so you’re never waiting on your adhesive to get ready before starting work
- You can run out of charge, especially when doing an enormous task
4. POPULO – 3.6V Cordless Glue Gun Rechargeable with Stand
- Weight – 15.8 ounces
- Nozzles: 0.58″
- 1,500mAh built-in Lithium-Ion battery
- Fast heating: 25 seconds.
- Glue gun sticks
- Automatic shutoff: 5 minutes
- Rechargeable batteries
This POPULO cordless glue gun can be recharged and operated with an included stand. It has a ½” nozzle, heats up quickly (25 seconds), and does not require batteries to use; instead, you can either wirelessly recharge it by plugging it into your wall or computer – no need for batteries.
- Eco-friendly: recharges by plugging into the wall or computer
- Heats up quickly (25 seconds)
- Has a built-in lithium-ion power source (1500mAh) with an automatic shutoff feature after five minutes
- Comes with a glue gun stand
- Battery lasts for several hours, making it suitable for long projects
What’s not ideal about it?
- Heavy to work with for extended periods (15 oz)
- The gun stand isn’t the most sturdy and wobbles a bit
- Not for larger projects as it has a small nozzle
- Long charging time (2½ hours)
5. JASVIO – Fast Preheating Mini Glue Gun Kit
- 20 transparent glue sticks
- 10 colorful glue sticks
- 6 finger protector caps to protect fingertips from high temperatures
The JASVIO Fast Preheating Mini Glue Gun is an advanced glue gun that can help you with all of your DIY projects by offering easy and effective use for everyone over the age of 8. Made with high-quality heat-insulated plastic, this glue gun provides safer, scald-proof use.
With a built-in large-capacity lithium-ion battery, this glue gun is sure to last about 50 minutes when at working status. Its cordless design along with its ergonomic trigger and grip designs allows for more range and comfort when in use. Its design also promises quick and smooth glue operation for all of your projects.
- Simple to use
- Short heat uptime
- Low risk of electric shake short-circuiting due to the absence of socket contact
- Pulling out the excess glue left in the glue stick will result in damage to the glue gun
- 2-hour full charging period
- Only stays charged for approximately 50 minutes when in use
6. MackOffice Cordless Mini – Budget Pick
You would be hard-pressed to find a hot glue gun that works better than the MackOffice Cordless Mini for the price. This glue gun is a 100-watt model that sports a USB charging option. Reviewers mention that it is lightweight and easy to carry to whatever needs gluing.
Since this glue gun is a mini, it can only use mini-sized glue sticks.
Would I recommend it?
This glue gun heats up fast, has a convenient USB charging option, and has a decently long working time. It is the best budget buy from the list.
- Heats up in 3 to 5 minutes
- Can be charged with the included charger or a USB connection
- Up to 100 minutes of run time on a full charge
- Covered by a full warranty
- Has a plastic kickstand
- High-temperature operation
- Lightweight, comfortable, and easy to use
- Can only use mini-sized glue sticks
- Only suitable for small projects
7. AONOKOY Portable Mini Melt Glue Gun Kit – with 20pcs Glue Sticks USB Rechargeable
- An easy to use trigger and moveable stand
- Protective silicone cover over the nozzle to prevent burns
- Leakproof rubber ring
- Convenient USB charging port and indicator light
- Automatic temperature control
AONOKOY Cordless Hot Glue Gun lets you move freely throughout your space without the need for a cable or cord. It preheats quickly within 1 to 3 minutes and comes with an aluminum hot melting nozzle. There is a protective cover over the nozzle and a flexible stand so that you can set it down when working on your projects. It’s a much safer and more durable glue gun.
It is ergonomically designed for easy use with a handle that grips tight. There is a push trigger design so that glue comes out consistently and evenly. It comes with a lithium-ion battery and fully charges within 3 hours. Once fully charged, the glue gun can be used for an hour and forty minutes.
To get the battery to last longer, remember to charge the glue gun at least every fifteen days.
The cordless glue gun comes with twenty environmentally-friendly glue sticks that are suitable for most materials from wood to fabrics.
- Preheats in 1 to 3 minutes
- The protective cover over the nozzle to prevent burns
- Cordless and portable so that you can use your glue gun anywhere
- Comes with twenty environmentally-friendly glue sticks, USB cable, and lithium-ion battery
- It’s a smaller glue gun
- Instructions were a little complicated to read
- The glue gun doesn’t hold a charge for very long
- The high temperature does not last long
8. NEU MASTER Rapid Heating Mini Glue Gun Kit – with Premium Glue Stick USB Rechargeable
- Cordless glue gun with a silicone sleeve for the nozzle to prevent burns
- The glue gun comes with ten mini glue sticks
- It has an anti-drip design, so it won’t drip glue while in standby mode
This rapid heating mini glue gun kit comes with ten glue sticks, a USB charger, and is rechargeable. It has a rapid heating feature and keeps its constant temperature. The glue gun has a maximum temperate of 400 degrees and heats up fully within about 3 to 5 minutes. It also prevents overheating.
The mini glue gun comes with a convenient foldable stand. It is a multipurpose glue gun perfect for DIY projects and small projects. It is great for materials like wood, metal, fabric, plastic, and more.
- Made with high-quality plastic
- Comes with ten environmentally-friendly glue sticks
- Ergonomically-friendly rubber handle and trigger to lessen hand fatigue
- Flexible stand
- Leakproof design
- The battery is not long-lasting
- Tends to overuse the glue sticks
- The glue gun doesn’t heat for very long
9. WerkTough – 17s Super-Fast Instant Heating
- Super-fast 17-second heating
- A good quality glue gun that does not drip glue
- Stands up stable on a desk or table
- Save energy with a smart shut off feature
WerkTough glue gun kit features an almost instant heating feature. It is a good-quality glue gun that does not drip glue. It is a 4-volt glue gun that is perfect for DIY projects. There is a rubber heatproof tip, soft-grip handle, and ergonomic design. It comes with three glue sticks.
- Nice little cordless glue gun
- Takes the mini 4” long glue sticks
- Heats up fast
- The glue comes out consistently
- Not heavy duty
- Not a high powered battery
10. TopElek Mini – Glue Gun Kit
The so-called “little brother” of the TopElek Dual Power Full-Size, this small-size hot glue gun delivers consistent results. Featuring a safety indicator light, plastic kickstand, and decent battery life, this hot glue gun is well suited for small projects on the move.
Customers have noted that this small gun takes a while to heat up, and it can only handle mini-sized glue sticks.
Would I recommend it?
Although it is affordable, you can get a glue gun with better features and a higher temperature for the price. Since this is a lower-temperature glue gun, it could be a good choice if you plan on letting kids use it.
- Plastic kickstand keeps the hot glue gun upright
- The indicator light comes on when in operation
- Can be charged with a USB connection
- 80- to 100-minute battery life
- Built-in a kid-friendly size
- Comes with free glue sticks
- Slow to heat up
- Only uses mini-sized glue sticks
- Not large enough for big projects
Whether you are gluing together crafts for the home or doing a heavy-duty fix in the garage, the best cordless hot glue gun can make any project easier. When shopping for your glue gun, it is a great idea to keep in mind the types of projects you will use it for. Safety features like indicator lights and auto shut-off timers make for a safer experience. Other features like USB charging, side fins, and folding kickstands also make using your hot glue gun more convenient. Whatever you choose, you want the best results, and these seven glue guns are some of the best.